Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Partial data returned for App Insights/Log Analytics query (was working previously)

Hi,

I've had a report that has been running well for about 6 months, it pulls data from App Insights/Log Analytics via the REST Query API.

The query is actually aggregating several sources, e.g. each query will look something like:

union app("app1").requests, app("app2").requests
| where...

As of this weekend, it's only getting data in from the first app, the other data is not appearing when running the report via PowerBI online, however if I download the PBIX and run it on the desktop, everything is fine.

Can anyone help me understand why I am only getting partial data through?

The report has not changed in several weeks. The data source is also succesfully refreshing according to the PowerBI services page. (No errors anyway)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

I had tried that, in the end it stopped working in PowerBI Desktop so I logged a case with the App Insights team, they were able to replicate the problem last night and today it is working so I take it that it has been resolved now.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

How about you refresh in PBIX file and republish PBIX file to Power BI Service?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

I had tried that, in the end it stopped working in PowerBI Desktop so I logged a case with the App Insights team, they were able to replicate the problem last night and today it is working so I take it that it has been resolved now.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors