Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ZMALQ
Frequent Visitor

POWER QUERY REST API CALL

Can we retrieve logged in user name from embedded website with the help of  Power BI Query and pass the parameter to API which is the Data Source?

2 REPLIES 2
artemus
Employee
Employee

Getting the logged in user name is only possible when writing a custom data connector.

ZMALQ
Frequent Visitor

Yes right now , i trying it with custom connector. but my confusion here is when i would be embedding the report in my current website. I am using the Embed for the customers documentation for the same, where I have published the report and I am using the published report URL for Embed and other specifications as per the documentation and I am using the custom connector for api callls to fetch the data and where I want to change or add the parameter of user id so i can only fetch the access specific data based on website But the custom connector is using the mez file where I am doing the rest Api call.

I am also using the Personal Gateway. But as per my understanding the mez file is the build product of power query which we use as the data source. Now we want to add parameter in the URL which is the mez file or custom connector.

How should I get the changes done in the mez file.

Can you provide any sample code Or Specific Documentation for the same

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors