Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HHFord

PBI Personal Gateway Frequently Logs Out and Cancels Scheduled Refresh

Hi All,

I have an issue where Power BI gateway (personal) frequently logs out, which then requires manually logging in again before data refresh works. See attached image:

login.png

The bigger problem this creates is that after a failed refresh (eg. one scheduled time where the gateway wasn't logged in), scheduled refreshes are cancelled so I constantly have to re-enable and remake my scheduled refreshes.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to resolve this? It's very frustrating to constantly deal with this.

Best,

HHF

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HHFord,

Do you still use the Power Bi gateway - personal? The On-premises data gateway (personal mode) replaces the previously supported version of the personal gateway, which is called Power BI Gateway - Personal. The previous personal gateway will continue working only until July 31, 2017.  For more information, please see: On-premises data gateway (personal mode).

In your scenario, please try to download the latest installer file from here: On-premises data gateway .

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors