Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TheITBadger
Frequent Visitor

PBI Enterprise Gateway: Can it connect to both SharePoint Online and On-Prem data sources yet?

Right now, per Microsoft's guidance, we are running BOTH PBI Enterprise Gateway AND PBI Personal Gateway to accomplish making datasets with both on-prem and SPO data sources... A limitation of the PBI Enterprise Gateway has been you can either manipulate ONLY on-prem data in a single dataset/dashboard, and ONLY SPO/online data in a single dataset/dashboard, but you CANNOT use both in one dataset/dashboard....

This is frustrating and obnoxious to do, and the PBI Personal Gateway is just that - a personal gateway and can only be managed/used by one account.

Has MS updated the PBI Enterprise Gateway to allow the use of both on-prem and online data sources in a single dataset/dashboard yet? I know I'm not alone in this request...

2 REPLIES 2

@TheITBadger This limitation is currently still in place, however, the team is actively working on getting this resolved based on the idea submitted on the ideas site. It was just updated March 1st.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/13405644-combine-enterprise-gatew... so hopefully it drops fairly soon.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Excellent news! Thank you fo rthe info sir.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors