Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oracle: ORA-604: error occurred at recursive SQL level %s

I am attempting to setup a Gateway to Oracle 11gR2. I have installed the 64 bit client and 64bit ODAC on the server running the Gateway, but I get this error on powerbi.com : 

Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: Oracle: ORA-604: error occurred at recursive SQL level %s
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind: Oracle

Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.ErrorCode: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Message: ORA-604: error occurred at recursive SQL level %s
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.Error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Does this error happen when adding the Oracle data source under the on-premise gateway?

Once 64 bit client and 64bit ODAC are installed, please verify that the tnsnames.ora file is properly configured and you are using the proper net_service_name.

Also make sure that the net_service_name is the same between the machine using Power BI Desktop and the machine that is running the gateway.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-manage-oracle

Besides, there is a link how to troubleshoot "ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1"

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, i have just encountered this problem when trying to add a data source with on premise data gateway, have you found the solution for this problem?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up just having to capitalize the net service name, even thought it was lower case in my TNS file. For example, originally my net service name in Power BI desktop was abc-prd, I changed it to ABC-PRD and everything started working.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Does this error happen when adding the Oracle data source under the on-premise gateway?

Once 64 bit client and 64bit ODAC are installed, please verify that the tnsnames.ora file is properly configured and you are using the proper net_service_name.

Also make sure that the net_service_name is the same between the machine using Power BI Desktop and the machine that is running the gateway.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-manage-oracle

Besides, there is a link how to troubleshoot "ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1"

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors