Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

oasacorp
Regular Visitor

Oracle EBS Connection ( New to Power BI)

Hi,

I am new to Oracle and has absolutely no clue on how to establish a connection. I am trying to help my dad out in getting data directly. Their company uses Oracle EBS R12. What my dad does now is, access Oracle Application (Java based) through web portal https://ebs.companyname.com and then use the java app to filter and then copy paste the data to excel. I want to automate this. How to go about this? I dont even know what is the data source name. (IS there a way to find out) My dad has username and password to the Oracle EBS web portal mentioned above. I hope this will still be valid once the connection is established. IT is of no help from his company as they just either say "they dont know" or "they cant give more details"

Please help me.

Cheers,

Shamir

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @oasacorp,

Do you want to connect to Oracle EBS R12 in Power BI? According to my knowledge, there is no connector for Oracle EBS R12 in Power BI. If you want to connect to Oracle database from Power BI, please follow the guide in this article: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-connect-oracle-database/ .

Besides, if you want to automate the process that drive data from Oracle EBS R12 to Excel, please post the question in Oracle community to get dedicated support.

In addition, could you please describe more details about what is the data source you refer to.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

If you are interested in providing secured, standardized and business-friendly real-time access to Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) data in Microsoft Power BI,  consider reviewing capabilities of our product Noetix Generator for Microsoft Power BI. Pl access demo video here.

Thanks!

Sharas Vitalapuram

Magnitude Software, Inc

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors