Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DarnelMooreTFA

Only able to see public Google Big Query NOT my Google Big Queries

Hello:

I upgraded my PowerBI desktop, was able to connect to GBQ however i'm only seeing publicly available data vs. my personal google big query.

Could you please provide a status and/or guidance?  I am in the middle of a big data analysis and this information is crucial to my presentation.

Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Darnel

4 REPLIES 4
Onkar

I know this is an old post but putting this comment for future references. I faced similar issue when I install PowerBI app from Microsoft Store. I uninstalled it and downloaded .exe installer. I didnt face this issue in manual setup of PowerBI. Make sure you have proper permissions set on GCP and Bigquery datasets so that they can be viewed in PowerBI desktop. Most of the times this can be a version issue.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@DarnelMooreTFA,

Do you use Power  BI Desktop July release(2.60.5169.4101)? I am unable to reproduce this issue in the Power BI Desktop version. I would recommend you check if there are improper settings in Google Bigquery.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia:

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.  I have the updated July release installed.  What settings within GBQ would need to be enabled.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Best

Darnel

@DarnelMooreTFA,

Add a blank query in Power BI Desktop and paste the following code into Advanced Editor of the blank query, then check if you get any error.

let
    Source = GoogleBigQuery.Database(null),
    #"project-data" = Source{[Name="yourprojectname"]}[Data]
  in
    #"project-data" 

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors