Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

schmikli
Helper II
Helper II

One Personal Gateway to serve two accounts for dashbosards?

When i started using power bi I pro made an account using my work email adress. To move from a test to a commercial account I had to go the EDU route, which meant I ended up with another account (cloud on microsoft.com account). 

So in preparation to make everyone who is currently using my dashboards from my first pbi site to switch to the new dashboard (meaning they all need new accounts...tsss), I started rebuilding dashboards on the new account.

If I opened the gateway using the new account, the pbi desktop dus not publish to the new pbi site. Moreover, renewing data form pbi site or manually renewing data does not work either. Why is that? It seems useless to install another gateway on the same laptop, so I skipped that suggestion.

I'm now left with manually uploading the files to the new pbi site, which is not the purpose of this tool. I need the auto renewal.

How can I solve this ? Does it mean I need to simply setup a second gateway on a second pc/laptop? Or is there anything else?

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

In short, yes, you either need to uninstall the gateway and reinstall it again using your new account or a second gateway. This is the "personal" part of the "Power BI Gateway - Personal". There is a preview of the Enterprise gateway however:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/gateway

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

How do I install a second gateway? Can I do that on a the same computer I installed the first gateway?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors