Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhaskariksl
Regular Visitor

On-premises gateway - data source refresh Invalid connection credentials

I have installed On-premises gateway on server machine and mode of the gateway is On-premises data gateway
I have create 3 data sources in manage gateway screen in power bi online,all three data sources shows 'connection sucessful'
but the issue comes only 1 data sources other 2 datasource is wroking,
when I try to schedule a refresh on the deployed dataset it is returning the error below:
i have check power bi desktop report Credential and power bi online data sources Credential is same .what is the issues?

Details Type Start End Status Message

Hide Scheduled 2017-6-9 12:31:09 2017-6-9 12:40:13 Failed Invalid connection credentials.
Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: The server name provided doesn't match the server name on the SQL Server SSL certificate. Source at win-xxxxxxx;IKSlccccc.)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind: SQL
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath: WIN-xxxxxx;IKSlccccc
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason: PrincipleNameMismatch
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources: [{"kind":"SQL","path":"WIN-xxxxxx;IKSlccccc"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason: PrincipleNameMismatch
Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: e1543ef2-c77b-4db2-992b-7546a3212cec
Request ID: 09785140-e462-49e4-980e-5e180ceebd58
Time: 2017-06-09 07:10:13Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@bhaskariksl Check out this thread, it will most likely solve your issue.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
aizazahmed

Hi buddy,

This issue appears when Power BI app try to connect to SQL server. where as SQL server needs authentication for this. 

Power BI installer creates a certificate to authenticate with SQL server and sometimes this certificate is not added in sql network configuration.

Add certificate manually at following location:

SQL Server Configuration Manager > SQL Server Network Configuration > Right Click Protocols for (Instance name) > Properties > Certificate

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ahmed,

I'm getting the same error.

I'm new to Power BI, can you please add some screenshots, how to resolve the issue.

It will be helpfull for me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pavan Vanguri.

Thank you , I had the same problem and following your instructions fixed it 🙂   I had to make sure the FQDN name of the certificate match when creating a new connection in PBI Desktop.

Hi, I'm having same issue, all worked fine until some days ago.   Direct query sources work still fine, only import gives this error.

In the solution, what do you mean with "PowerBI installer " ?

@bhaskariksl Check out this thread, it will most likely solve your issue.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors