cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power BI Team dimazaid
Power BI Team

Re: On-premises data gateway OData OAuth2

Thanks, Jeppe for the great feedback.
As I mentioned we're working on bridging these gaps between PBI Desktop and PBI service. We appreciate your commitment to using Power BI  and looking forward to getting you to a seemless experience with both collaberation and refresh.

Thanks!
Dimah

Highlighted
mglathouwers Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

What is the work around until this issue is fixed?

I'm connecting to a Dynamics 365 datasource (only OAUTH as far as I know) and some on premise ODATA sources.

I can't figure out how to get this working in the mean time.

jeppesal Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

The fix is to install both gateways and add/configure the on-prem sources in "manage gateways" inpower bi online.

Dave0145 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Dimah,

this reply is by way of a vote up to get this issue resolved. We also have mashups between on premise SQL datasets and Sharepoint online lists (accessed via OData) and the mismatch between PBIDesktop authorisation versus PBI portal authorisation is a source of much frustration.

David

bwhitlocksaxco Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Is this going to be fixed soon. I cant do on premise gateway to odata due to organizational login and Azure data due to mashup. Please Fix ASAP unless Im missing something.

pcgeekus Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

This was two years ago, any progress? The reason I ask is that whenever a SharePoint source is involved, we see "Edit Credentials" and when we do, it fails even if we put Domain\UserID. We use Windows Auth and have tried a Web Conector for Excel files, Excel (which doesn't exist on the Gateway list), SP Online List, and SharePoint Lists. These are in a Mash-up with DB sources like Hana. I suspect it is using the Email address to try an login to our Internal SharePoint instead of the Domain\UserID, how can I tell?

So, how does separating them into separate Datasets help?

Jon

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 1,592 guests