cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

On-premises Gateway - Refresh data

Hello, I created some pages in my PowerBI desktop and now I am trying to move them into Web. I published it to my account and now I'm looking for the way how to refresh data. I installed On-premises Gateway and now I'm not sure how to connect it with the pages on the web.

I expect that when I published my pages and installed Gateway I would be able just to click on Refresh, but I guess that is not true. So how can I connect my gateway with my reports?

This is what happened when I click on Refresh now in dataset menu (three dots). 

Screenshot_20180423_094209.png

So what should I do now? 

Thank for any advice! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: On-premises Gateway - Refresh data

@Sk1X1,

Do you have ODBC data source in the dataset? If that is the case, you can add the ODBC data source within gateway following the guide in this similar thread. Once you add data source, you can set schedule refresh for your dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: On-premises Gateway - Refresh data

@Sk1X1,

Do you have ODBC data source in the dataset? If that is the case, you can add the ODBC data source within gateway following the guide in this similar thread. Once you add data source, you can set schedule refresh for your dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors