Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cfzini
Frequent Visitor

On-premise Gateway conection with DirectQuery

Hey!

I'm trying to connect a power bi dashboard with my SAP BW.

First, I'm trying to make a DirectQuery using a personal mode On-Premise Data Gateway.

For files which I did Import instead of DirectQuery the Gateway is working fine while open. The problem is when I'm trying to use DirectQuery.

Isn't it possible to make the connection through Personal Mode? In my case, the corporative gateway  (as it was used to be called) is not possible. That means I won't be able to make a DirectQuery with SAP BW?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@cfzini,

Unfortunately, when using DirectQuery mode to connect to SAP BW, we can only use on-premises gateway to refresh the dataset as there is no option for us to enter credential when using personal mode gateway.

What is the problem when you use the on-premises gateway?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@cfzini,

In DirectQuery mode, it only allows us to use same data source.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@cfzini,

Unfortunately, when using DirectQuery mode to connect to SAP BW, we can only use on-premises gateway to refresh the dataset as there is no option for us to enter credential when using personal mode gateway.

What is the problem when you use the on-premises gateway?

Regards,
Lydia

The IT didn't provide the necessary support for stablishing an on-premisse conection.

Anyway, I'll use the Import feature which will solve my problem partially, even if the data isn't live.

Another restriction was that my data is stored in SAP BW Cubes, but I have to use different data sources. I thought it would work if I import the cube to another report, but it doesn't.

@cfzini,

In DirectQuery mode, it only allows us to use same data source.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors