Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joel_gibby_csc
Helper II
Helper II

On Premises Gateway perfmon all 0

Hello, In the last few releases of the gateway, I've not been able to get any data other than "0" for each of the listed counters, even in the middle of a large refresh that takes an hour, the counters all stay 0.

Spoiler

# of ADO.NET open connection executed / secNumber of ADO.NET open connection actions executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of ADO.NET open connection failed / secNumber of ADO.NET open connections actions failed per second.
# of ADO.NET queries executed / secNumber of ADO.NET queries executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of ADO.NET queries failed / secNumber of ADO.NET failed queries executed per second.
# of ADOMD open connection executed / secNumber of ADOMD open connection actions executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of ADOMD open connection failed / secNumber of ADOMD open connection actions failed per second.
# of ADOMD queries executed / secNumber of ADOMD queries executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of ADOMD queries failed / secNumber of ADOMD failed queries executed per second.
# of all open connection executed / secNumber of open connection actions executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of all open connection failed / secNumber of failed open connection actions executed per second.
# of all queries executed / secNumber of queries executed per second (succeeded or failed).

# of items in the OLEDB connection poolNumber of items in the OLEDB connection pool.
# of items in the Service Bus poolNumber of items in the Service Bus pool.
# of Mashup open connection executed / secNumber of Mashup open connection actions executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of Mashup open connection failed / secNumber of Mashup open connection actions failed per second.
# of Mashup queries executed / secNumber of Mashup queries executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of Mashup queries failed / secNumber of Mashup failed queries executed per second
# of OLEDB multiple result set queries failed / secNumber of multiple result sets of OLEDB failed queries executed per second.
# of OLEDB multiple result sets of queries executed / secNumber of OLEDB multiple result sets of queries executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of OLEDB open connection executed / secNumber of OLEDB open connection actions executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of OLEDB open connection failed / secNumber of OLEDB open connection actions failed per second.
# of OLEDB queries executed / secNumber of OLEDB multiple result sets of queries executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of OLEDB queries failed / secNumber of OLEDB multiple result sets of failed queries executed per second.
# of OLEDB single result set queries executed / secNumber of OLEDB single result set queries executed per second (succeeded or failed).
# of queries failed / secNumber of failed queries executed per second.
# of single result set OLEDB queries failed / secNumber of single result set OLEDB failed queries executed per second.

# of items in the ADO.NET connection pool stays constant.

Is this something that can be addressed here or do I need to open a ticket?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @joel_gibby_csc ,

It seems that your want to trace the on premises gateway. 

You may could export Gateaway logs and analyze it.

log.PNG

For your requirement, I'm afraid that you'd better create a support ticket to get the further help.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry, I have access to the logs. There is very little documentation on what the messages mean - do you have a doc that explains MGAA MGPP and the other codes and fields in the logs?

My original request was to fix Performance Monitor (perfmon) counters that all show “0” - this is my goal.

Thanks, please let me know!

Joel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors