Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HMJSomerset
Helper II
Helper II

On-Premises Gateway - SAP BW datasource fails with Invalid Credentials error

I have a previously successful SAP Business Warehouse Server datasource that has stopped connecting in the Power BI Gateway.
It returns the error:

Unable to connect: This data source cannot connect to any gateway instances of the cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance. Hide details
Activity ID:  e4bf16d9-2bbb-4789-af3c-5b4cab87deeb
Request ID:  9a0b2d7c-4f17-fd07-c511-81fdd2dee9c6
Cluster URI:  https://wabi-europe-north-b-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:
Time:  Wed Feb 20 2019 15:07:26 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Version:  13.0.8383.201
PowerBI-GW02_Dev:  Invalid connection credentials.

I have used exactly the same credentials successfully in the past on the same gateway and I can still use them locally in Power BI Desktop.
I have also configured other datasources (SQL database, Excel spreadsheets, SharePoint lists etc) on the gateway with no issues.  Only SAP BW returns invalid credentials error
I have installed SAP .Net Connector 3 on both servers in the gateway cluster.

What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @HMJSomerset ,

From the error message, it seems there is a issue with credential entered when you create a SAP BW data source in the gateway. As you can connect to SAP BW successfully in Power BI desktop, ensure you use the same credential as in desktop. 

If possible, could you please update the gateway to latest version for a test?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry

Thank you for the reply.  Unfortunately I am definitely using the same credentials and I think that I am using the latest version of the gateway  - 3000.0.265 December 2018.  Can you suggeset anything else?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors