Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On-Premise Gateway - trying to connect to no longer existing data sources in Dataset

I have created a report in PBI Desktop and uploaded to the Service.

I've installed an On-Premise Gateway and attempting to schedule the refresh however the Gateway Status is shown as "Not configured correctly".

This is because the Gateway is stating that 3 Data Sources have not been added to the Gateway.

The 4 used Data Sources are fine with green ticks.

The 3 erroneous data source are no longer used and have been removed from the report in Desktop (don't show in "Data Source Serrings" or in "Edit Queries") and then re-published to the Service, however the Gateway stills sees them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:
It seems it was a time issue eg. It needed time (a lot of time) to sort itself out.  Sometime in the last 5 days Power BI has sorted itself out.  The deleted data sources no onger appear and the status of the Gateway has turned green.
I hope this is not the typical level of performance (make a change and wait an hour/s for it to apply correctly) I can expect from the Power BI service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Your dataset contained four data sources previously.

Then you delete three data sources from the Edit queries and the Data Source Serrings.

Right?

Please check after you delete three datasources, do you publish this new dataset to Service to replace the old one?

Also, do you use any data from other deleted datasources to create columns/measures/visuals?

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Maggie,

You are correct, sort of.  I deleted the data sources from Edit Queries (Power Query Editor) and then they no longer appear within "Data source settings" within "Power Query Editor".
I then published the modified dataset replacing the old one, however in Settings -> Datasets -> Gateway connection the Status for the Gateway states the Gateway is not configured correctly and is listing the deleted Data sources as not available and provides a link to add them to the Gateway (which of course fails as the ODBC connection no longer exists).
This is the only dataset/report/etc so I can't be referncing those data sources somewhere else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:
It seems it was a time issue eg. It needed time (a lot of time) to sort itself out.  Sometime in the last 5 days Power BI has sorted itself out.  The deleted data sources no onger appear and the status of the Gateway has turned green.
I hope this is not the typical level of performance (make a change and wait an hour/s for it to apply correctly) I can expect from the Power BI service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors