cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jake_Roesler
Frequent Visitor

On-Premise Data Gateway Install Error

Sorry if this is a repeat. 

Today I installed the personal gateway and then immediately got an error that stated the version I installed was going to be phased out next week. It pointed me to another version (link). 

And that install failed with the following error: 

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The operation was canceled by the user
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at Microsoft.DataProxy.EgwInstallBA.ProgressViewModel.ApplyComplete(Object sender, ApplyCompleteEventArgs e)

The Failed message also said "Learn More" and that was a 404 not found article. 

Any assistance is great! Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

@Jake_Roesler,

Please download Power BI on-premises gateway(personal mode) and install it following the guide in this official article.

If you still get errors, please share the setup log here. The log can be found in C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\On-premises_data_gateway_(personal_mode)_*.log.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Kudoed Authors