Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arthurnotaro
Frequent Visitor

On Premise Data Gateway Excel and Web Files

I installed the on premise data gateway and the connection is running just fine. I also added data sources (local excel files and web), and it tells me "Connection successful".

When I go to "scheduled refresh" I get the follwing error message: 

"You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway."

I used the exact same path in Power BI Desktop and the gateway.

Does anyone know why it still doesnt work?

I also have two tables with data entered directly in Power BI Desktop. Could that be the reason?

Thank you in advance. 

Power BI Error 2.jpg

Power BI Error 1.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have same problem to web files, If you found solution can you share it please?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arthurnotaro,

From your description, it seems that you have created data source under data gateway use the same connection information as in desktop, right?

In your scenario, please try to run the latest desktop and data gateway. Also please collect below information and share with us:

1. On-premise data gateway log
2. Fidder trace on data source setting page
3. The report pbix file

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I notice in your Data Source screenshot for your file you have exactly 6 data sources.  Have you included all 6 in your data gateway either by directly linking them individually, or linking the gateway to the folder.

The reason i ask is that if you wish to use a data gateway, it must connect to either 0% or 100% of your data sources, nothing inbetween.

All 6 data sources were included in the gateway. 

The only data sources that were not included in the data gateway were the tables created directly on Power BI Desktop (Enter Data - Create Table). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be able to work fine then.  My advice is to check all six and make sure every single file path is identical.  A common mistake will be to have linked to your file through your desktop via a mapped drive like "H:\Folder\File.xlsx" but have it on a shared server that the gateway sees as "\\ServerName\Folder\File.xlsx"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors