Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Octavarian

Office 365: Most Compatible Version?

Hi Gang,

I'm looking for the most compatible Office 365 version with Power BI. Is there a specific version or is it 'all good'?

Cheers,
~Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Octavarian,

Do you have any question? If not, would you please close this thread by mark helpful replies as answers? Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Octavarian,

Currently, the Power BI for Office 365 experience has been deprecated. And based on my research, there is no Office 365 edition limitation when using Office 365 to administrate the Power BI. See: Administering Power BI in your organization.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thankyou for your assistance, deprecated in what way? 🙂 Not supported any longer? 

I notice that Microsoft's Technet states that PowerBI is included withing the Office 365 Enterprise E5 suite:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt282164.aspx 

Can you think of a reason as to why Office 365 might not function with a specific 365 edition? 

Thanks!

Matthew

Hi @Octavarian,

From the article you mentioned, It's clear that "Power BI and Power BI for Office 365 are different products. Power BI for Office 365 is a version 1 service and has been deprecated. "

And from this article, we can see that Power BI is available in Office 365 Enterprise E5 version. I'm not able to think of the reason, but the issue can be related to Office 365 product itself. Maybe Office 365 experts can help you understand it. You can post a thread in Office 365 to get dedicated support: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice?auth=1.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thankyou for your assistance with this matter, much appreciated.

I'll close this within 24 hours, just want to confirm that no further queries come up.

Cheers!

Matthew

Hi @Octavarian,

Do you have any question? If not, would you please close this thread by mark helpful replies as answers? Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thankyou for your help, you have answered the immediate query 🙂 

Thanks,

Octavarian/Matthew

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors