Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Office 365 E5 and Power BI Pro subscription

I have a Power BI Pro subscription , we are in the process migrating to Office 365.   With a E5 subscription is a Power BI Pro subscription required? 

With the E5 subscription, I can not get the On premise Gateway to connect. 

Are there any other tips or tricks to get this to work. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, only Office 365 Enterprise E5 has Power BI pro. If you have another subscriptions except Office 365 Enterprise E5, and your Power BI Service has Power BI Pro content, the Power BI Pro license is required.

In addition, on-premises gateway requires Power BI Pro license. As you mentioned you can't get the on-premise gateway to connect, please check whether the current signed in account is a pro user.

q1.PNGq2.PNG

If the issue is not related to account, please follow this article to troubleshoot the issue: Troubleshooting the On-Premises Data Gateway.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our administrator assigned the O365 E5 license to me.  However, when I'm in Power BI, it does not have the Pro designation.  Is there something besides signing out and back in that I need to do?

hi, @v-qiuyu-msft

is power BI pro need subscription from office365 to?

or power BI pro can be activation without office365 license?

because i think i was buy only license for Power-BI PRO, and now i am stuck for activation the license with registered account before from power BI (Free)

, Thank you

Hi @fedrik,

We can buy Power BI pro without Office 365 subscription. See: Purchasing Power BI Pro.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-qiuyu-msft

Thank's for you reply, now I had buy the power Bi license, but i got problem to activating the license, can you give me suggest for my problem?

you can find it in this topic link

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Problem-activation-power-BI-pro/m-p/96080

, thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors