Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jvidge
Frequent Visitor

Odata $metadata tag in a feed.

Hello all, I have an issue I have run into and am hoping I can get some insight or ideas form the community here on possible solutions.

We are importing data via Odata feeds and all is working well, the only issue is that we would like to use the metadata human-readable labels as column names instead of the standard field names which are much harder to read and understand for our users. We can get the labels using the $ metadata flag for the service but they will not come through on our standard feed.

I guess the question would be, is anyone aware of a way to add the metadata flag to a standard Odata feed in a way that would provide us with the human readable field names within Power BI, and/or can we match the metadata property names and labels in Power BI so the field names are human-readable? 

1 REPLY 1
freder1ck
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I just saw this post. Did you find a solution yet? 

The query could be edited to rename each column individually, which would then apply whenever the data is refreshed.

Automatic renaming is an interesting problem, which I will continue to research...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors