cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Odata doesnt work

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use the dataset from a OpendataSoft website.
Here is the website: https://ressources.data.sncf.com/explore/dataset/mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002/api/?sort=date_de_de...

Here is the API call: https://ressources.data.sncf.com/explore/dataset/mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002/api/?sort=date_de_de...

I tried to use Odata sources and it doesnt match.
When I do try with "Web content", I get this kind of request:

let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://ressources.data.sncf.com/api/records/1.0/search/?dataset=mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002&sort=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_fin&facet=organisations_syndicales&facet=metiers_cibles"))
in
    Source

Unfortunately, I don't get how to reach all the dataset.

How would you please do it?

At the moment, I just understood the possibility to drill down, manually, for each record. It would look like this for the 1rst record. And I didnt introduce the necessity to append all the records.

let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://ressources.data.sncf.com/api/records/1.0/search/?dataset=mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002&sort=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_fin&facet=organisations_syndicales&facet=metiers_cibles")),
    records1 = Source[records],
    records2 = records1{0}
in
    records2

Please let me know, I would like to become better 🙂

Sincerely,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Odata doesnt work

Hi Bryan75, 

I am not sure what is your dataset value, you could try below M code to see whether it work or not.

let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(" https://ressources.data.sncf.com/api/records/1.0/search/?dataset=mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002&sort=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_fin&facet=organisations_syndicales&facet=metiers_cibles")),
    #"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(Source),
    #"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(#"Converted to Table", List.Distinct(#"Converted to Table"[Name]), "Name", "Value"),
    #"Expanded records" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Pivoted Column", "records"),
    #"Expanded facet_groups" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Expanded records", "facet_groups"),
    #"Expanded records1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups", "records", {"datasetid", "recordid", "fields", "record_timestamp"}, {"records.datasetid", "records.recordid", "records.fields", "records.record_timestamp"}),
    #"Expanded records.fields" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded records1", "records.fields", {"date_de_debut", "motif", "organisations_syndicales", "taux_grevistes"}, {"records.fields.date_de_debut", "records.fields.motif", "records.fields.organisations_syndicales", "records.fields.taux_grevistes"}),
    #"Expanded facet_groups1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded records.fields", "facet_groups", {"facets", "name"}, {"facet_groups.facets", "facet_groups.name"}),
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups1", "facet_groups.facets"),
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups.facets", "facet_groups.facets", {"count", "path", "state", "name"}, {"facet_groups.facets.count", "facet_groups.facets.path", "facet_groups.facets.state", "facet_groups.facets.name"})
in
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets1"

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Odata doesnt work

Hi Bryan75, 

I am not sure what is your dataset value, you could try below M code to see whether it work or not.

let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(" https://ressources.data.sncf.com/api/records/1.0/search/?dataset=mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002&sort=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_fin&facet=organisations_syndicales&facet=metiers_cibles")),
    #"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(Source),
    #"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(#"Converted to Table", List.Distinct(#"Converted to Table"[Name]), "Name", "Value"),
    #"Expanded records" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Pivoted Column", "records"),
    #"Expanded facet_groups" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Expanded records", "facet_groups"),
    #"Expanded records1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups", "records", {"datasetid", "recordid", "fields", "record_timestamp"}, {"records.datasetid", "records.recordid", "records.fields", "records.record_timestamp"}),
    #"Expanded records.fields" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded records1", "records.fields", {"date_de_debut", "motif", "organisations_syndicales", "taux_grevistes"}, {"records.fields.date_de_debut", "records.fields.motif", "records.fields.organisations_syndicales", "records.fields.taux_grevistes"}),
    #"Expanded facet_groups1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded records.fields", "facet_groups", {"facets", "name"}, {"facet_groups.facets", "facet_groups.name"}),
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups1", "facet_groups.facets"),
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups.facets", "facet_groups.facets", {"count", "path", "state", "name"}, {"facet_groups.facets.count", "facet_groups.facets.path", "facet_groups.facets.state", "facet_groups.facets.name"})
in
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets1"

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

July 2020 Community Highlights

July 2020 Community Highlights

Learn about the exciting things that happened in July.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

We are thrilled to announce we will begin running a monthly webinar series named Power BI Dev Camp.

Power BI Desktop August 2020 Update

Power BI Desktop August 2020 Update

We have great updates this month! Click the link for the video with more info.

Top Solution Authors