Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Odata doesnt work

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use the dataset from a OpendataSoft website.
Here is the website: https://ressources.data.sncf.com/explore/dataset/mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002/api/?sort=date_de_de...

Here is the API call: https://ressources.data.sncf.com/explore/dataset/mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002/api/?sort=date_de_de...

I tried to use Odata sources and it doesnt match.
When I do try with "Web content", I get this kind of request:

let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://ressources.data.sncf.com/api/records/1.0/search/?dataset=mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002&sort=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_fin&facet=organisations_syndicales&facet=metiers_cibles"))
in
    Source

Unfortunately, I don't get how to reach all the dataset.

How would you please do it?

At the moment, I just understood the possibility to drill down, manually, for each record. It would look like this for the 1rst record. And I didnt introduce the necessity to append all the records.

let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://ressources.data.sncf.com/api/records/1.0/search/?dataset=mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002&sort=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_fin&facet=organisations_syndicales&facet=metiers_cibles")),
    records1 = Source[records],
    records2 = records1{0}
in
    records2

Please let me know, I would like to become better 🙂

Sincerely,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Bryan75, 

I am not sure what is your dataset value, you could try below M code to see whether it work or not.

let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(" https://ressources.data.sncf.com/api/records/1.0/search/?dataset=mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002&sort=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_fin&facet=organisations_syndicales&facet=metiers_cibles")),
    #"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(Source),
    #"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(#"Converted to Table", List.Distinct(#"Converted to Table"[Name]), "Name", "Value"),
    #"Expanded records" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Pivoted Column", "records"),
    #"Expanded facet_groups" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Expanded records", "facet_groups"),
    #"Expanded records1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups", "records", {"datasetid", "recordid", "fields", "record_timestamp"}, {"records.datasetid", "records.recordid", "records.fields", "records.record_timestamp"}),
    #"Expanded records.fields" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded records1", "records.fields", {"date_de_debut", "motif", "organisations_syndicales", "taux_grevistes"}, {"records.fields.date_de_debut", "records.fields.motif", "records.fields.organisations_syndicales", "records.fields.taux_grevistes"}),
    #"Expanded facet_groups1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded records.fields", "facet_groups", {"facets", "name"}, {"facet_groups.facets", "facet_groups.name"}),
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups1", "facet_groups.facets"),
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups.facets", "facet_groups.facets", {"count", "path", "state", "name"}, {"facet_groups.facets.count", "facet_groups.facets.path", "facet_groups.facets.state", "facet_groups.facets.name"})
in
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets1"

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Bryan75, 

I am not sure what is your dataset value, you could try below M code to see whether it work or not.

let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(" https://ressources.data.sncf.com/api/records/1.0/search/?dataset=mouvements-sociaux-depuis-2002&sort=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_debut&facet=date_de_fin&facet=organisations_syndicales&facet=metiers_cibles")),
    #"Converted to Table" = Record.ToTable(Source),
    #"Pivoted Column" = Table.Pivot(#"Converted to Table", List.Distinct(#"Converted to Table"[Name]), "Name", "Value"),
    #"Expanded records" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Pivoted Column", "records"),
    #"Expanded facet_groups" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Expanded records", "facet_groups"),
    #"Expanded records1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups", "records", {"datasetid", "recordid", "fields", "record_timestamp"}, {"records.datasetid", "records.recordid", "records.fields", "records.record_timestamp"}),
    #"Expanded records.fields" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded records1", "records.fields", {"date_de_debut", "motif", "organisations_syndicales", "taux_grevistes"}, {"records.fields.date_de_debut", "records.fields.motif", "records.fields.organisations_syndicales", "records.fields.taux_grevistes"}),
    #"Expanded facet_groups1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded records.fields", "facet_groups", {"facets", "name"}, {"facet_groups.facets", "facet_groups.name"}),
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups1", "facet_groups.facets"),
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded facet_groups.facets", "facet_groups.facets", {"count", "path", "state", "name"}, {"facet_groups.facets.count", "facet_groups.facets.path", "facet_groups.facets.state", "facet_groups.facets.name"})
in
    #"Expanded facet_groups.facets1"

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors