Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Virtual_Ames
Employee
Employee

OLE DB or ODBC error: type mismatch (exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

Hello,

I have a report that has been running just fine for the last few weeks.  Nothing has changed about the report.

Upon attempting to refresh the data today - it does not work.  If gives me this error:

OLE DB or ODBC error: type mismatch (exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_YTPEMISMATCH))

Any ideas about what is going on and how to address this?

Thanks,

24 REPLIES 24

I had a similar fix as KH11NDR. I also was using SQL as my data source and pasting in my SQL in the advanced editor to add fields. I thought I would save time reformatting in PBI by formatting currency in my SQL and also formatting dates mm/dd/yyyy in SQL using just format without convert (ie. convert(date, format(Data_field, 'd', 'en-us')); however, this caused PBI on load to mis-categorize the fields as text instead of currency or date. To fix the error, I had to remove the formatting in SQL and reformat these fields in PBI after loading. Hopefully this info helps others who might run across similar instance. 

jocy
Frequent Visitor

It worked, thank you very much...only problem is that I lost all the measures I inserted in that table 😞
Now I'm copying the formulas from my older .pbix, but this is really problematic, I hope this gets fixed soon by PBI Team, considering that in June 2018 is still happening.

Thank you again chabib 🙂

It just worked !!! Thank you 🙂

Hi, there,

This happened to me also. But i figured out that if i remove all the relations to the table it will be better to do changes on it.

When I removed the relations and edited the table (without duplicating it and etc.), all the changes were applied without any problems.

I think it is because you have some "strange" values in a column or columns that are in relation to others and from there it reffers to that TYPE MISMATCH.

It worked for me.

Have a nice day!

Pavlin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors