Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Taz_Car
Frequent Visitor

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] Invalid cell value '#VALUE!'..

Hello All,

I am getting the following message

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataFormat.Error] Invalid cell value '#VALUE!'..

I am importing from excel sheets in Sharepoint.  I can't find a #value error in the source files but it's complex so I might be missing it.  I have tried replacing the error, but this makes no difference.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Taz_Car_0-1663919138516.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Taz_Car ,

This error is thrown in Excel, where Power Query reads its data as a value (reserved word), not the formula itself.
The suggestion is to go back to the data source (excel) and replace VALUE with another meaningful name.

Related thread:
Solved: Re: "OLE DB or ODBC error: [dataformat.error] inva...

Fix DataFormat.Error: Invalid cell value '#NAME?'

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tertill28

https://stackoverflow.com/a/60234320/22669679

"If you are sourcing from an Excel Spreadsheet, just after you import the data, before you even Promote Headers or Change Data types select all columns and delete errors.

That worked for me."

This worked for me too!

Can confirm this worked for me as of 11-6-2023

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Taz_Car ,

This error is thrown in Excel, where Power Query reads its data as a value (reserved word), not the formula itself.
The suggestion is to go back to the data source (excel) and replace VALUE with another meaningful name.

Related thread:
Solved: Re: "OLE DB or ODBC error: [dataformat.error] inva...

Fix DataFormat.Error: Invalid cell value '#NAME?'

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Thansk I did that.  It took a while to ID the error as there are multiple feeder sheets but the issue is resolved. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can choose to remove the rows with errors or you can replace the errors with something meaningful.

lbendlin_0-1663985911801.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors