Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rodjarman
Frequent Visitor

OLE DB or ODBC Error:[Datasource.Error] OLE DB: The connection returned error code -2147467259..

Using PBI desktop connecting to a cloud-based source using an ODBC connection.

Has been working fine until one of the views I'm refreshing has started returning the above error message.

I need a definitive "translation"of the error message.

I think it is an issue with the data, and need to be able to locate which data as well.

Suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing with the same issue! my query has arround 200.000 rows. anyone solved this issue? tks
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @rodjarman

This is probably coming from calculated columns or relationship can you go to Options > Data loading > And disable the one that detect new relations and the one that import relations from other sources ? 

Then try again

- Quentin

Thanks Quentin.

I've isolated the view into a separate desktop file. There are no relationships and no calculated columns.

Turned off the options you suggested. Attempted import. Still get the same error message. Smiley Frustrated

@rodjarman

So even when you try to import the view in a new PBI file it display this error ? 

Can you post a sample of your data so that I have an idea ? (If it's sensitive you can make them anonymous or not post it as you want)

- Quentin

So even when you try to import the view in a new PBI file it display this error ? 

> Yes that's correct.

Can you post a sample of your data so that I have an idea ? (If it's sensitive you can make them anonymous or not post it as you want)

> Is it practical ... as there is 102 columns.

That's why I was more after a translation of the error code. 

@rodjarman

Ok, it's going to be complicated for you to post the data here.

Can you copy or screenshot the full error message ? Because it's looks like the title of your topic has been cut or something (not sure)

- Quentin

Hi Quentin,

Here is a screenshot of the same issue I am facing.. Times out after around 4+ hours of downloading 35M+ rows (1GB of data perhaps) 

cs97009_0-1664228569221.png

My issue was resolved by using a higher timeout in PBI Query settings. Also I used native PBI Teradata drivers instead of ODBC to connect to Teradata.

cs97009_0-1666414764617.png

Did you find any additional information on this error message?  I started getting the same one with my report.  I have not changed anything to the Power BI file, but I am now unable to refresh it...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors