Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

twinrabbits
Advocate I
Advocate I

ODBC behavior error

Using the enterprise gateway I am getting an error when using ODBC with DRIVER={InterSystems ODBC}. Has anyone had this issue before and resolved it?  

ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [Cache ODBC][State : 08S01][Native Code 461] [C:\Program Files\On-premises data gateway\Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX40.ex] Communication link failure ERROR [01000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the application requested (see SQLSetEnvAttr).

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

It turns out that I needed to upgrade to the latest ODBC driver for my database. Now it is working.

Thanks,

twinrabbits

View solution in original post

I am using version 2016.02.01.803Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, could help me.

I have a similar problem.  I use "Intersystem ODBC Driver" version 1.00.0000 , what's version do you use?

Thanks  

I am using version 2016.02.01.803Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I try use ODBC with base Caché - intersystem

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @twinrabbits,

Have you tried to connect to this ODBC data source in Power BI Desktop? What's the version of ODBC did you create, 32 bit or 64 bit? Please try to check the on-premises data gateway service logs ( C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\on-premises data gateway\Gateway*.log ) around the time error throws out, share it with us if possible.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

It turns out that I needed to upgrade to the latest ODBC driver for my database. Now it is working.

Thanks,

twinrabbits

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors