Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robarivas
Post Patron
Post Patron

ODBC IBM ERROR [HY010]

I used to be able to connect to my corporate zOS IBM DB2 database from my personal home PC through Power BI Desktop using ODBC (and only with ODBC for unknown reasons). Today, all of a sudden, I'm getting the following error:

ERROR [HY010] [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0125E Function sequence error. SQLSTATE=HY010

What's strange is that using Excel I can connect just fine to that database using the same ODBC driver.

So what's going on (all of a sudden) with Power BI Desktop and how do I overcome this frustrating obstacle?

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @robarivas,

Did the same issue occur when you used IBM DB2 data source in Feb desktop? As you said the issue happened to your home PC, how about use ODBC data source in Feb desktop in company PC?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My  work PC has the November version. I don't have admin rights to install the February version to test it out. The connection on my work computer works fine.

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft. I tried deleting and rebuilding the DSN but it still didn't work. Is it possible to get support on this issue please? We cannot upgrade to the March version of Power BI until we know that the ODBC will work. (Even better would be for the DB2 connector to work...but that's a different thread/issue). Thanks so much!

Hi @robarivas,

Sorry for the late response. I would suggest you create a support ticket at the end of this site, let the engineer look into the your real environment.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Does anyone know of any update on this?  I'm able to connect to my ODBC source on a Windows 7 Machine via PowerBI desktop.  However, when I try conencting on a Windows 10 machine, I get this same error. Though, I'm able to connect to the ODBC source through Excel on the Windows 10 machine.

@robarivas - out of curiousity, were you using a Windows 10 machine when you ran into this error? I'm running into the same thing..

Hello @jspowerbi. I believe I overcame this particular issue by adding the Autocommitt=OFF parameter to my DSN. But to answer your question, yes I was using Windows 10.

@robarivas the Autocommit = Off worked for me. Thanks so much!

robarivas
Post Patron
Post Patron

Although I desperately want to know what causes this problem I will say that if you're fortunate enough to have an older version of Power BI laying around then uninstalling the February 2017 release and using the older release makes this problem go away. So it seems fairly clear to me that the issue resides with Microsoft. Hopefully Microsoft will respond and/or a future update will correct the source of the problem. Otherwise I'll be stuck using the November 2017 for the foreseeable future. Smiley Sad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors