Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Randyr
Frequent Visitor

ODBC Error with Cache DB

Hello,

I am brand new to Power BI and I am trying to pull data in from Avaya Aura Contact Centre which is an Intersystems Cache DB.  I am able to see the tables however when I select one of the tables to actually view the data, I am getting the following error.

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [42000] [Cache ODBC][State : 37000][Native Code 1]
[C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin\Microsoft.Mashup.Container.NetFX40.exe]
[SQLCODE: <-1>:<Invalid SQL statement>]
[Location: <Prepare>]
[%msg: < IDENTIFIER expected, LITERAL ('') found^select "Timestamp" , "ApplicationID" , "Application" , "CallsAbandoned" , "CallsAbandonedAftThreshold" , "CallsAbandonedDelay" , "CallsAnswered" , "CallsAnsweredAftThreshold" , "CallsAnsweredDelay" , "CallsAnsweredDelayAtSkillset" , "CallsConferencedIn" , "CallsCo
Details:
    DataSourceKind=Odbc
    DataSourcePath=dsn=CCMS)CACHE

I am able to look at this data using Crystal Reports so I am not sure what what I am doing wrong.  I updated the ODBC driver (x64) but that did not work. I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thank you! 

RR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Randyr,

Glad to hear the issue is solved. You can accept your reply as answer, that way, other community members would benefit from your solutions once they get same issues.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Randyr
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

When you are setting your data source, under 'advanced options' you can add an SQL statement. I simply added

select * from iAgentPerformanceStat  

or

select * from mApplicationStat  

Depending on what data you are looking for. (Agent or Application data)

I hope this is helpful

RR

kmilus

I have de same problem.

How did you solve?

kmilus

I have de same problem.

Haw did you solve?

hugoberry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Try replacing " in your select query...

select "Timestamp" , "ApplicationID" , "Application" , "CallsAbandoned" , "CallsAbandonedAftThreshold" , "CallsAbandonedDelay" , 

Thank you Hugoberry, this makes perfect sense to me however I do not see anywhere in the Query editor where I can change this select query??

Sorry for being a newbie

hugoberry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It is hard to tell without having access to your query.

If you loaded the data from Get Data>ODBC  there is an Advanced option which you can use

ODBC.PNG

Thank you, yes that is what I am doing.  The Advanced options are blank, and if I leave them that way it will show me the tables but I get the error when I try to preview the data.

odbc2.png

If I go back and start again and try adding 

select "Timestamp" , "ApplicationID" , "Application" , "CallsAbandoned" , "CallsAbandonedAftThreshold" , "CallsAbandonedDelay" ,  as you suggested, I see this now....before getting to the 'Navigator" window.

odbc.png

hugoberry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

What happens if you escape the quotes?

select ""Timestamp"" , ""ApplicationID"" , ""Application"" , ""CallsAbandoned"" , ""CallsAbandonedAftThreshold"" , ""CallsAbandonedDelay"" ,

Thank you, adding escape quotes did not work unfortunately.

Randyr
Frequent Visitor

I got it!   I just changed it to a simple SQL query.   SELECT * from iAgentPerformanceStat

Thank you for the help!!

Hi @Randyr,

Glad to hear the issue is solved. You can accept your reply as answer, that way, other community members would benefit from your solutions once they get same issues.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hugoberry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Aha, so probably using the query without quotes would have worked as well:)
Glad that you've sorted this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors