Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jagrutijoshi
Frequent Visitor

ODBC Error: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Hi,

I have created a Power BI Report using a MongoDB data source. I've used the following ODBC connector to connect MongoDB to Power BI http://www.cdata.com/drivers/mongodb/odbc/

When I publish my report online and try to schedule refresh using my personal gateway, the following error occurs in the data source credentials: ODBC: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I'm sure that the data source name and driver are specified correctly. Could there be any another reason for this error? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jagrutijoshi,

You would also need to add all the CSV data sources under registered on-premises gateway, this way, you would be able to use on-premises gateway to refresh your dataset.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Mokshi
Helper I
Helper I

@jagrutijoshi  I've also created a Power BI Report using a MongoDB data source through ODBC connector and I'm trying to create a dynamic data source with parameters can you pls explain

ravikedia

Hi,

There is a ready connector available for Tally which can import all data from Tally at pre-defined interval. You may connect on contact@easyreports.in for further details.

Regards,

Ravi

ravikedia

Hi,

There is a ready connector available for Tally which can import all data from Tally at pre-defined interval. You may connect on contact@easyreports.in for further details.

Regards,

Ravi

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jagrutijoshi,

Do you install 32 bit or 64 bit ODBC connector ? And do you create system DSN for MongoDB following the guide in this blog?

Could you please install on-premises gateway and add the ODBC data source under the registered gateway, then check if you can set schedule refresh for your dataset?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have installed 64-bit OBDC connector with proper DSN. On-premises gateway is disabled while we connect via ODBC driver. 

Hi @jagrutijoshi,

Have you added the ODBC data source under registered on-premises gateway?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

When we load the data in Power BI online via ODBC connector, the on-premises gateway appears disabled. It seems like that functionality is disabled. 

Hi @jagrutijoshi,

Could you please post a screenshot about your sceanrio? You can check this similar thread about how to add ODBC data source under gateway.

Thanks,

Lydia Zhang

pb.PNGThis is what it is showing even though the data source have been connected properly with the gateway.Please refer below for the same:pb2.PNG

Hi @jagrutijoshi,

Have you included other data source except the ODBC data source in your dataset? Could you please post a screenshot about data sources in your PBIX file?  You can go to File -> Options and settings ->Data source settings to check data sources for Power BI Desktop.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

We have 3 csv files as well.

Hi @jagrutijoshi,

You would also need to add all the CSV data sources under registered on-premises gateway, this way, you would be able to use on-premises gateway to refresh your dataset.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors