Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cedcologno
Regular Visitor

ODBC ERROR INFO TYPE 1750, in reading process with PBI desktop console

Hello I managed to connect to my legacy DB using ODBC connection and to read  only some of the tables therein. I cannot read most of them and the attached error sign appears. We did some attempts to figure out the possible critical patterns that would explain the problem and we establed that probably tables that cannot be read contain at least  one column that is defined as only numeric with a length of 5 bytes. can anyone help us to understnad how to deal with this issue? thank you very much for the collaboration!

Cattura.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cedcologno,

Could you please translate the full error message to English? And what driver do you install on your machine?

Based on your screenshot, it seems that the ODBC driver doesn’t support some properties in your tables.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

This is the error message in English.

All tables that give error containing numeric fields with a length of 5 bytes. The other tables that contain alphanumeric fields or numeric fields of less than 5 bytes, are loaded correctly.

thank you so much for you answer.

Cattura.JPG

Hi @cedcologno,

I found "|| driver non supporta questo parametro." in your screenshot, what type of driver do you install? Please contact them to check if the driver supports numeric fields of more that 5 bytes.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

we use Synergy/DE xfODBC driver. This driver enable to view the RMS files on the Open VMS operatig system on the ALPHA SERVER.

This ODBC driver, works correctly with MS access and sqlserver, but not with PowerBI.

Thanks,

Marco Bonzi

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors