Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Angel
Resolver III
Resolver III

ODATA need gateaway?

Hi, everybody

I have read I don't need gateaway if i get data from ODATA feed.

The only thing it's supposed I have to do is enter credentials in Power BI.

I have published Power BI desktop file where data comes from ODATA feed and credentials are disabled.

Captura.JPG

Am I doing something wrong?.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,  @v-yuezhe-msft

The problema was in my dataset.

I have optimized keys and it works,

Thanks, anyaway

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Angel,

Do you connect to OData feed of online service or on-premises service in Power BI Desktop? If you connect to OData feed of on-premises service, after you publish Power BI Desktop file to Service, gateway is required when you refresh the dataset.

In addition, which authentication method do you choose when connecting to OData feed in Power BI Desktop?  And could you please post the screenshot of your data sources in Power BI Desktop? You can go to File -> Options and settings ->Data source settings to check data sources.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

We have on-premises report server, how can i schedule refresh my Power BI file which uses OData?

I cant see any option on the PBIRS to select the gateway etc. 

Hi, @v-yuezhe-msft

ODATA feed is generated by Microsoft Dynamics NAV.

I use basic authentication.

Captura.JPG

Many thanks,

Hi @Angel,

Please install on-premises gateway and add the OData data source under the registered gateway, then check if you are able to schedule refresh for your dataset.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-yuezhe-msft

I have installed on-premises gateaway and it works.

So, is supposed I access to on-premises odata feed?.

Thanks,

Hi @Angel,

After adding the OData data source under on-premises gateway, are you able to set up schedule refresh for your dataset?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi, @v-yuezhe-msft

Yes, I was able to schedule refresh.

Thanks,

Hi @Angel,

What is the result when you directly connecting to NAV content pack? In this sceanrio, do you need to add data source under gateway when scheduling refresh?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi, @v-yuezhe-msft

I have tried to connect to NAV content pack as you say and it seems process no response.

I have waited for about an hour

Captura.JPG

Thanks,

Hi @Angel,

I got information internally that the NAV team is working on new NAV content packs. Currently, please connect to NAV from Power BI Desktop and use on-premises gateway to refresh it.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi, @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for your response.

Anyway, I have tried to access ODATA feed from NAV using on-premises gateaway and some reports can't be refreshed because of time out.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Personal-gateaway-Can-t-update-credentials-because-of-time-o... is the thread

Any suggest?.

Many thanks again...

Regards

Hi @Angel,

How large is your data model? Could you please create a small dataset that only pull limited records from your OData data source(for example, 100 records or 1000 records), then publish the dataset to Power BI Service and check if the refresh fails?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi,  @v-yuezhe-msft

The problema was in my dataset.

I have optimized keys and it works,

Thanks, anyaway

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors