Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

O365 Usage report - Store Historical Data

I have connected Power BI to Microsoft O365 Usage Report App (Which is an existing PBI App developed by Microsoft). I can get the dataset in my PBI Desktop as well. Microsoft refreshed the dataset every month. The issue is Dataset is designed to store data only for last 6 months. This means at any given day, dataset will have data for last 6 Months.

I want data for more than 6 Months. Is there any way to store this data someplace so that when Microsoft refreshes the data, i will not lose any of it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you connect to O365 usage analytics PBIT file in Power BI Desktop? If so, you can store historic data following the guide in the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Storing-and-using-information-from-a-dynamic-data-source-using/m-p/207293#U207293

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Power BI is connected to o365 data using some API. The issue is we can only see one month data in that and Microsoft refreshed that data every month. I want historical 12 months data, Is there any way like we can get historical data also.

Please help @v-yuezhe-msft  @Anonymous 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you connect to O365 usage analytics PBIT file in Power BI Desktop? If so, you can store historic data following the guide in the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Storing-and-using-information-from-a-dynamic-data-source-using/m-p/207293#U207293

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors