Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nrawlins
Regular Visitor

Not possible to get Note (ContentNote) from Salesforce

Hi,

It seems it is not possible to get the Note (ContentNote) data from Salesforce using Power BI.

We really need this functionality but it seems its not avaiable, the object is not in the list.

This is to return the Enhanced Notes in Salesforce from Lightning.

Does anyone have any workarounds or solution please?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled in Content Document all fields but don't see a filter for File Type...

The field name is FileType - please check developer reference for that object here:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfFieldRef.meta/sfFieldRef/salesforce_field_refere...

lexlex41

ContentNote is the same object as ContentDocument - The only way to identify a ContentNote versus a file attachment is to check that the ContentDocument.FileType has the value "SNOTE". As far as triggers and SObjectType based logic is concerned, ContentDocument is the type for a ContentNote

pablobarra
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi

Can it be a security issue?

Have you checked the "Field level security" for the custom field? It should be visible for the profile of the user that is using Power BI/Excel.

You can try also deleting Power Query or Power BI cache and refresh preview.

Regards

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@nrawlins,

Do you connect to Salesforce content pack in Power BI Service? If so, please use SalesForce object connector in Power BI Desktop instead to connect to your source and check if you can get Note.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thank you for your response.

We are already using PowerBI Desktop using Salesforce Object Connector.

The "Note (ContentNote)" is not avaiable in the list - only the old legacy "Note" object, so this will not work for people using the enhanced version of Salesforce Notes.

It is also only avaiable in Salesforce Data Loader when selecting "Show all Salesforce objects"

Any idea's?

Thanks

@nrawlins,

Do you get expected result when you connect to Salesforce from Excel?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Hi Lydia,

No sorry its exactly the same and is missing from that list also.

Regards,

Nick

@nrawlins

I suspect that it doesn't support to get Note(ContentNote) of salesforce data in Power BI, I would recommend you submit a feature request in Power BI ideas forum.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors