Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not able to import data from webapge with valid credentials.

Hi Team,

I have to import data by logging into a website https://www.solarweb.com  with user id and password.

When i tried to login with Anonymous, Windows, and Basic its always taking me to main page and not logging inside as how i login in browser.

Patha: Get data-->Web

Could you let me know how to access this website?

Thanks,

20 REPLIES 20
Sivakumari
Frequent Visitor

I am also facing same issue could anybody please help me on this.

Regards,

Sivakumari A.

Vercruyssen

It appears this is still unresolved 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Power BI Desktop, go to
1. File -> Options and Settings -> Data source settings
2. Under Global Permissions, select the URL for which you want to update the credential
3. Click on Edit Permissions..

You can either Delete the saved credential or Edit it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Power BI Desktop, go to
1. File -> Options and Settings -> Data source settings
2. Under Global Permissions, select the URL for which you want to update the credential
3. Click on Edit Permissions..

You can either Delete the saved credential or Edit it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a response to this? This is very frustrating. 

Criptop
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi All,

If its any help to anyone, it turns out I was being a massive dummy and entered the web documents URL for the address rather than the WSDL address. It's a silly mistake that's worth checking for in case it's holding you back. 

However, I can only get so far as the API I'm trying to use is a SOAP API but it appears that Power BI can only use REST APIs. If anyone knows a workaround for this, please let me know!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. Could someone advice? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello PBI community

I also have the same issue (not being able to pull data with valid credentials using the 'basic' authentication window). The solution offered by Criptop - I don't understand, frankly - , is not applicable for this scenario, I suppose? Is there a solution to this yet?

Thanks

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Normally, you should enter the url where your data stored in so that it can get the data.

In addition, the authentication is based on your web site.

You could try this way below which may help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-connect-to-web-by-example

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry,

I logged into Power BI --> Selected 'Web' --> Basic --> entered the URL 'https://www.solarweb.com' login page --> Under "Access Web content" selected 'Basic' --> entered 'Username' , 'Password' --> ok --> then it says "DataSource.Error Web.BrowserContents currently supports only anonymous credentials.

When I say ok, the Navigator page keeps loading.

Its not logging in as how i do in the browser.

Please help and suggest for valid username and pwd.

Thanks,

Rohini

I am also having the same problem. Have spent some time trying to find a solution but the Navigator Page just keeps loading. Will post here if I get the issue resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft 

I logged into Power BI --> Selected 'Web' --> Basic --> entered the URL 'https://www.solarweb.com' login page --> Under "Access Web content" selected 'Basic' --> entered 'Username' , 'Password' --> ok --> then it says "DataSource.Error Web.BrowserContents currently supports only anonymous credentials.

When I say ok, the Navigator page keeps loading.

Its not logging in as how i do in the browser.

Please help and suggest for valid username and pwd.

Thanks,

Rohini

Is there any update on this topic yet? I'm facing the same problem...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

DId u get any solution for the above issue? Even I am struggling with the same problem

@Anonymous  have you got it resolved in the end? same issues for me so wondering if there is a solution you can share?

thanks

Any luck by anyone on this issue reported to connect to web content with credentials. We continue to get the same error.

Regards

Janithri

Getting same error as well. Frustrating

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get answer from your query, if yes please post answer here then it will be usefull to others

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue if someone has a solution please post.

Thanks in Advance.

Hassan A.

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 I have the same error

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors