Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SWoloshin
Regular Visitor

No Query Folding in Dynamics 365 CRM (formerly CRM Online)

I cannot get any query folding when using Dynamics 365 CRM data.  I read a blog about this at

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/user/VerifyUserEmailPage/user-id/3931/mail-message-tracking/IVMQMLZN...

BUT, I have been unsuccessful with the solution suggested in this blog.  COULD BE PEBCAK pretty easily!

I also have been unable to connect to content packs with D365 CRM.

8 REPLIES 8
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I can not get any query folding using data from Dynamics 365 CRM.  I also am not getting an option to Direct Query. 

@SWoloshin

Could you please post the blog link again? The blog link you provided before is redirected to a registration complete page.

Best Regards,

Herbert

@SWoloshin

Please try to follow this tutorial. I just try to get data from Dynamic 365 and I can see the data as below.

No Query Folding in Dynamics 365 CRM (formerly CRM Online)_1.jpgNo Query Folding in Dynamics 365 CRM (formerly CRM Online)_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

I'm not sure if some functionality has been lost in the more recent updates. When we click on a table (such as accounts or contacts) then we only see "Ok" and "Cancel" instead of the Load button and more importantly, the "Edit" button is not available. This means that we can't select columns in the initial GetData step.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@SWoloshin

Did you following the steps listed in this document?

Best Regards,

Herbert

This solved my problem with the Content Pack.  HOWEVER, I still cannot get any query folding when using Dynamics 365 CRM as the data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors