cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldhasbeen Member

New(is) M language functions

Hi

I am an IT trainer, amongst other things I teach Power BI.  Keeping up with chnages to the various Power BI components is always a challenge, but there are very useful regular videos showing what's new in Power BI desktop - e.g. in the "Microsoft Power BI" channel.

My question is: but are there any good resources to show what's new in the "M" language?

I've seen a few new functions pop up in Intellisense (e.g. Date.DayOfWeekName) and this morning discovered some others which I haven't encountered before (e.g.  Date.QuarterOfYear) - they might be new-ish, or I just may have not had a need for them before.

Some guidance would be helpful - thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
artemus Established Member
Established Member

Re: New(is) M language functions

Any functions that are not part of the standard documentation are in prevview mode, use at your own risk. That being said,

1. open a new power bi report.
  2. Create a new blank query.
  3. Enter in the formula: 

= #shared​

• Click through the records to see documentation for every library function/constant
  • Note: This list does not include additional functions avialable to custom connectors.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
artemus Established Member
Established Member

Re: New(is) M language functions

Any functions that are not part of the standard documentation are in prevview mode, use at your own risk. That being said,

1. open a new power bi report.
  2. Create a new blank query.
  3. Enter in the formula: 

= #shared​

• Click through the records to see documentation for every library function/constant
  • Note: This list does not include additional functions avialable to custom connectors.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)