Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

New(is) M language functions

Hi

I am an IT trainer, amongst other things I teach Power BI.  Keeping up with chnages to the various Power BI components is always a challenge, but there are very useful regular videos showing what's new in Power BI desktop - e.g. in the "Microsoft Power BI" channel.

My question is: but are there any good resources to show what's new in the "M" language?

I've seen a few new functions pop up in Intellisense (e.g. Date.DayOfWeekName) and this morning discovered some others which I haven't encountered before (e.g.  Date.QuarterOfYear) - they might be new-ish, or I just may have not had a need for them before.

Some guidance would be helpful - thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
artemus
Employee
Employee

Any functions that are not part of the standard documentation are in prevview mode, use at your own risk. That being said,

1. open a new power bi report.
  2. Create a new blank query.
  3. Enter in the formula: 

= #shared​

• Click through the records to see documentation for every library function/constant
  • Note: This list does not include additional functions avialable to custom connectors.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
artemus
Employee
Employee

Any functions that are not part of the standard documentation are in prevview mode, use at your own risk. That being said,

1. open a new power bi report.
  2. Create a new blank query.
  3. Enter in the formula: 

= #shared​

• Click through the records to see documentation for every library function/constant
  • Note: This list does not include additional functions avialable to custom connectors.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors