Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

scottogtc
Regular Visitor

New error Dynamics 365 Number of calculated fields in query exceeded maximum limit of 10.

We started getting an error a few weeks ago on our powerbi dashboard.  The data source is Dynamics 365 - we run version 9 however were using the v8.2 API url.  This worked fine however now getting the following error when pulling one of the tables to powerbi - this is happening when we reference v9 or v8.2

DataSource.Error: OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (Number of calculated fields in query exceeded maximum limit of 10.)
Details:
DataSourceKind=OData
DataSourcePath=https://private.api.crm4.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.0/ic_sparks
Url=https://private.api.crm4.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.0/ic_sparks

My colleague spotted it as a known issue that was supposedly fixed relating to v9 - see below - has this "fix" impacted us?

PB144068 - OData can’t connect to Dynamics CRM

Service restored
User impact:
Users were unable to connect to Dynamics CRM 9.0 using the OData connector in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.
Latest message:
Title: OData can’t connect to Dynamics CRM User Impact: Users were unable to connect to Dynamics CRM 9.0 using the OData connector in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service. More info: Users that were impacted would have seen a connector error stating that the feed's metadata document appeared to have been invalid. Final status: We've deployed the long-term solution to the affected environment and we performed validation tests to confirm that the issue is resolved. Scope of impact: All users connecting to Dynamics CRM 9.0 using the OData connector in Power BI Desktop may have been impacted. Start time: Thursday, June 7, 2018, at 7:47 AM UTC End time: Friday, July 27, 2018, at 11:23 AM UTC Preliminary root cause: An update intended to improve the structure of OData feeds resulted in impact. Next steps: - We're reviewing our update procedures to better identify similar issues during our development and testing cycles. This is the final update for the event.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@scottogtc,

The known issue you mentioned has nothing to do with your issue. The above error message comes from Dynamics 365 side, see the Calculated fields considerations  part in this article.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@scottogtc,

The known issue you mentioned has nothing to do with your issue. The above error message comes from Dynamics 365 side, see the Calculated fields considerations  part in this article.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am getting this error and my entity that I need to query DOES have more than 10 calculated fields. I don't need to bring all the fields into PowerBI. How do I exclude these fields when initially loading the entity. I don't have a chance, yet, to eliminate the columns/fields that I do not need. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same question here: How do I exclude these fields when initially loading the entity. I don't have a chance, yet, to eliminate the columns/fields that I do not need.

Looking for the same 

How do I exclude these fields when initially loading the entity. I don't have a chance, yet, to eliminate the columns/fields that I do not need.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@twinrabbits any luck you have?

No luck yet. The problem is I am unable to connect to the table before even filtering out any fields. If I find a solution I will post here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@twinrabbits same here. Thanks. 

thanks for info - i had a call with support yesterday and came to this conclusion - appreciate your engagement and the reference to the considerations - handy to know for future. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors