Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

leeann_g
Frequent Visitor

Need to Edit the Adobe Analytics Content Pack

A limited set of reports is provided with the Adobe Analytics Content Pack. I do not need the Products reports but need other reports that are not included. (Not every business or site uses the Products variable, though it is very common.) As the code directly relates to the Adobe Analytics Reporting API, can we modify the code used by the Content Pack and change the reports and metrics that are used to pull different reports and metrics needed for our reporting? If so, what is the best mechanism to do this? It is a small comfort to know that I can delete the Products report or change it as needed to remove the Products data, but there are other reports that I need which aren't listed.

9 REPLIES 9
acute
Frequent Visitor

Hi, anyone knows if we can change the reports now or at least get other periods?

jdobrzen
Advocate II
Advocate II

It appears that the dataset is only for a range of the last 7 days.  Has anyone else confirmed this, and if so, found a way around it?

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not 100% certain that I understand what you are asking, but I will give it a shot. My understanding of the Content Packs is that they essentially provide a "starting point". So, when you subscribe to one of they, they create a Data Set, Report and Dashboard for you. The data set is kept up-to-date through regular updates. The report and dashboard are yours to do what you want to with them. You can go into the Reports area, edit the report, save copies of the report, add new pages, etc. So, if I am understanding your question, yes. If it were me, I would create a copy of the report that is provided and modify that to suit my needs.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Adding on, if you need to change the measure logic or add new measures, you won't be able to leverage the content pack at all. The editing experience in Power BI Service only allows you to consume measures and fields already in the published dataset. Without a means to export a .pbix file from Power BI Service, you can't modify the underlying data model, you can only attempt to recreate it on your own and work from that.

Exactly @greggyb.

Modifying the data that is pulled into the model from the Adobe API connection is exactly what I want to do. I know all of the underlying API logic needed to add the items I need from Adobe, and want to modify it in the same code package if possible (rather than create a new one from scratch). Doesn't make sense to have to recreate the wheel. Would be great if we had a way to do this from the package. Sounds like that isn't possible?

I already know how to modify the reports and dashboard itself. 🙂

@leeann_g: I'm having the same issue - did you manage to get a hold of a pbix file?

Same here, it will be great to be able to edit.

@leeann_g, not currently possible.

You may be able to contact the original authors of the content pack and ask for a .pbix file. I do not know how you'd find them, though. Customer support line?

This is when I pray that the product team is monitoring these forums... And it is definitely on my list for the Data Insights Summit!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors