cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bberlin Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Need help removing alternate rows

I want to remove the majority of rows from this data. I just want to keep the 2018 - (age number) row for each age. For the ss this would include rows 11 and 22. The last row I would like to keep would be 1111. Is there a way to delete rows in this pattern, deleting the 10 between each one?

remove alternate rows.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
kcantor Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Need help removing alternate rows

@bberlin 

You should be able to accomplish this in PowerQuery using the filter keys, selecting Text and keeping rows that "Contain" 2018. 

Or, if you prefer, use the actual M for this but make sure to reference your last step and change the field name to reflect your data. Here is the code for putting this below my last step of Change Type 1:

= Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type1", each Text.Contains([Estimates], "2018"))

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
kcantor Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@bberlin 

You should be able to accomplish this in PowerQuery using the filter keys, selecting Text and keeping rows that "Contain" 2018. 

Or, if you prefer, use the actual M for this but make sure to reference your last step and change the field name to reflect your data. Here is the code for putting this below my last step of Change Type 1:

= Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type1", each Text.Contains([Estimates], "2018"))

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

101Mathew Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

If you only wanted every other row, you could insert an index column, then divide this by 2, and only keep the rows with either a full interga or decial (your choice)

regards,

Mathew

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)