cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryanca888
Frequent Visitor

Need for some sort of update notification path

I'm seeing updates to the Power BI Desktop, and I have a path to check to see (if the notification indicator does not show up).

For the Personal Gateway, there is no way to see that an update is or avail.  We need BADLY a way to simply right click on the app and see if there is an update which is REQUIRED.  I'm relying on the service to function, and I'm seeing that the Gateway is now downlevel, and thus blocking me from serving up data to customers.  Updates are happening faster than monthly, and not in sync with the desktop app or "monthly feature updates", so the only way to diagnose "why things are broken" is to check control panel, see what version of the software I have, and compare to the website where you can download the Connector.  

This is not well implemented.  Great service, love the way things are improving and feature adding monthly.  But this is about the 5th month in a row, where things are broken, and I cannot see why, without checking for verison updates manually.  Fix this please.

Thanks,

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - September 30th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Kudoed Authors