Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

MySQL: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server

Hi there

I encountered an error that looks more like a bug to me (hopefully I am worng).

when I try to select one column from existing query (Power Query) - receive an error. The error persists only for product related columns, other columns return no errors.

screenshot.jpg

Context:

I have two flat MySQL dables (AWS RDS) that I query (6 queries in total). These 6 queries are then appended into one DATA query (table). Then I create separate dimensional tables like 'stores', 'consultants', 'products'.

'stores' and 'consultants' are created smothly, however for some reason I encounter an error with 'products' table.

I can still derive 'products' from original six queries, so there is a workaround, however would still want to understand what causing the issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

From the error, it seem that there should be some syntax error for your SQL Query. Please recheck the query which the error message mentioned.

In addition, could you run the query successfully in My SQL?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

From the error, it seem that there should be some syntax error for your SQL Query. Please recheck the query which the error message mentioned.

In addition, could you run the query successfully in My SQL?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors