Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

serhito
Regular Visitor

Multiple web queries

i have a list of stocks in excel. I need to do a web query for each one of them with their own url.

In the next column, I have built the required url (which includes the stock symbol)

How can I automate or create all these requests, without having to create them individually ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @serhito 

you have to load this table into power query, add a new column where you access the data probably with Web.Contents using one or both columns in your table (I can't know what you are really looking for). Depending on what you will get from this data source you can pivot your first column. But I think you will get a table from your data source that however you have to transform, before you are able to get a single value.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i pull data from 2 different web urls ,for ex i have to pull data  for 3 stocks from yahoo finance and the other one from https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/sxxf/download-data?startDate=1/2/2017&endDate=1/13/2022&... both the url doesn't have data in the same format 

Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @serhito 

you can add a new column and implement there your data access and using the url-column as parameter for it

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Capture.PNG

The ticker list is way longer than displayed and it will change over time.

How do I create a webquery based on the url in column B ? The output of that query would be in the yellow area for its respective ticker symbol.

Please note, I am not an expert at this.

Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @serhito 

you have to load this table into power query, add a new column where you access the data probably with Web.Contents using one or both columns in your table (I can't know what you are really looking for). Depending on what you will get from this data source you can pivot your first column. But I think you will get a table from your data source that however you have to transform, before you are able to get a single value.

Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Thank you so much !

I figured out how to pull all the data into one table. Working on extracting and sorting the data, but you have helped me figure out the most important part.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors