Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marco_Iac
Frequent Visitor

Multiple choice with data import parameter

Hi,

i create the  parameter "idcompany" to filter data before import by the company ID.

a1.PNG

I have company A, B and C.

I apply the parametr to a table column to filter data befor importing:

a2.PNG

Through the parameter I can filter by single company before importing the data.

The problem is that whe i manage the parameter to limit the data to import i am able to filter from a drop list only one company at time for example import data of only company A or import data of only company B.

a3.PNG

Is there a way to create a parameter that allows to choice if import data from only one company or from all company? A sort of multi check drop list

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Marco_Iac
Frequent Visitor

Thanks,

i tried it but works only with certain type of direct query connection

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

In #2, your users would enter a list of companies into the text parameter, not choose from a list.

Company A, Company C, Company F   for example.  

However, this article by Chris Webb shows that doing a multi-select parameter is possible with the new Dynamic M parameters feature (I haven't used it yet, but it looks straight forward).

Chris Webb's BI Blog: Handling Multi-select In Power BI Dynamic M Parameters Chris Webb's BI Blog (c...

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Two ideas to try

1. Make multiple parameters and use some "or" logic in your Company filter step prior to getting the data

2. Enter the companies as a text string separated by a delimiter in a single parameter, then use Text.Split() to create a list from that.  You can then use List.Contains(parameterlist, ...  to keep only the companies in the list.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thanks for the tips, i have 100 company to pass in the parameter so solution 1 is hard to implement and use; on a list of few companys it work well.

I don't  understand well solution 2, can you please give me an example?

at the and i need to save the model as a template, so that end user will able to select from the drop list which company's data load (data of only one company or data of all company)

Thank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors