Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tomshaw83
Helper I
Helper I

Multiple Slicer on the same Graph

Hi,

I am looking to produce a single line graph visual, which responds to 2 sets of independent slicers. 

So a line would be produced for the selections from the first set of slicers, then a separate set of slicers would be produced for the second set. I've considered copying the tables so the full data set is available to each slicer - but I don't know how this can then be merged so the data appears on the same visual.

Apologies if I've not explained this well, the essence is to compare 2 things on the same graph, but not have the first thing filtered out by the first set of slicers.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tomshaw83 ,

Did you mean you want slicer A to filter line A in line chart A, and slicer B to filter line B in line chart B, right?

It is recommended that you create two tables with slicer fields for the two slicers of these two lines, and then write a filter measure for the visual-level filter.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tomshaw83 ,

Did you mean you want slicer A to filter line A in line chart A, and slicer B to filter line B in line chart B, right?

It is recommended that you create two tables with slicer fields for the two slicers of these two lines, and then write a filter measure for the visual-level filter.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors