Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple On-premise gateways

If I have multiple networks, can I configure On-Premise Gateways using a single PowerBI account on each of these networks?

Thanks,

Ashish

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous By networks do you mean server / computers ? If yes then yes you can have multiple gateway running but that is not a good idea. You should install only one gateway and have data sources configured from multiple server / computers provided those servers can talk to each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ankit,

I already have an on-premise gateway configured on my server and I use it to connect to the on premise data sources. This is working great.

I also have a personal gateway running on my laptop.

I have to work on a POC for a customer. The customer's data is in their network on SQL server. What I need to do is, install on-premise gateway in my customer's network and configure it with my credentials. The SQL server uses SQL authentication. Is this possible ? Can I have 2 on-premise gateways with my credentials ?

Regards,

Ashish

Hi @Anonymous,

In my opinion, it's not possible. After you install on-premise data gateway in customer's network, you can't sign in with your Power BI Service account, then you can't create a data source to connect to this environment's SQL Server. In addition, one Power BI service account can have more than one data gateway.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors