Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matt_nm
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Google Analytics Datasets - Authentication Issues

Hi all, I am experiencing issues with the authentication of Google Analytics when using more than one dataset powered by GA. I have created the two datasets in Power BI Desktop, then published to my account. I then log into Power BI via my browser and try to set up scheduled refresh times for both GA datasets authenticating using OAuth2, selecting my Google account, then I get an error message saying "Failed to update data source credentials". I have no issues doing this with a single GA dataset.

I tried using a single dataset for all of my GA queries and reports, but am finding that the refresh time/overheads required on an ever-expanding dataset is just too much (I am only around 30% through building the dataset queries and reports and it takes over two hours to refresh the data). So splitting my queries and reports across multiple datasets is much preferable since any ad-hoc updates to queries can be refreshed quickly.

Curiously, if I make a copy of my original Power BI Desktop dataset file that I published and refreshes automatically successfully, then make the modifications I need to with the queries/reports, then rename and publish, it has gone live as a second dataset and both datasets refreshed automatically this morning. However, when I go to the schedule settings for both datasets this morning, I lose authentication permissions.  Does Power BI Desktop have a place I can specify the auto refresh dates/times or does this have to be done within the browser app?

Does anybody have any experience with this kind of scenario who could help?

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@matt_nm,

You refresh issue may be related to the second issue that is mentioned in Power BI Support.

"We are experiencing a temporary issue where users may be unable to update or test credentials on some datasets. If you encounter this issue, please try to enter your credentials again in an hour. Engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Next update: 01/08/2018 @17:00 PST."

In your scenario, please check out Power update, and use it to refresh.

Regards,
Lydia 

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@matt_nm,

You refresh issue may be related to the second issue that is mentioned in Power BI Support.

"We are experiencing a temporary issue where users may be unable to update or test credentials on some datasets. If you encounter this issue, please try to enter your credentials again in an hour. Engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Next update: 01/08/2018 @17:00 PST."

In your scenario, please check out Power update, and use it to refresh.

Regards,
Lydia 

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, Lydia, much appreciated.

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors