Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

dhannaa
Helper IV
Helper IV

Multiple Excel load, some data include subcategory values and some only total value

Hi!

I have to import multiple excel files into Power BI to produce my Power BI reports. This part is easy.

The problem I'm facing is that some data include subcategory values and some not. Any Ideas how this is best tackled?

1) Subcategory data is provided, good. No need for total rows
2) Here total rows are the only source for data so they are needed after all
3) File might include both mentioned so the decision should be made on a monthly basis after all

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Can you just combine the files and then filter the combined table to remove where the Subcategory is blank?

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Can you just combine the files and then filter the combined table to remove where the Subcategory is blank?

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors