Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

davv36

Multi-Select Parameters

I am hoping to implement some multi-select parameters in a Power BI report.

Issue

I have a table of approx. 3 million rows (people) who I want to plot subsections of (selectable by the user) on a map - I am aware of the 30k limit on the map visual and these subsections will each be well under this 30k limit; however when choosing smaller cohorts patients are still missing. I have tested Lat/Long data, Postcode data and checking the underlying data and can see Power BI is recognising the people it needs to map, but it is as if the 30k limit is being applied before the filter.

Solutions Tried

I have got a verion of this working using parameters to push the 'filter' back to the query, limiting the data before import, but this does not allow multi-selection

I have also tried following Chris Webb's blog post (https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2021/10/10/multi-value-parameters-in-power-query-online/) - but I cant get this to work with a dynamic list (generated from a query) - or see how you can edit these parameters in the report like you can in desktop/reports published from desktop (to make it easy for the user to chop and change their selections.

Any advice as to if this is possible at the moment/best way to achieve this?!

1 REPLY 1
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @davv36 

You may try using Slicers in Power BI

refer:

Mapping - ideas on handling exceeding max number of map points?

More information:

https://github.com/weiweicui/PowerBI-Heatmap/issues/7

Fetch more data from Power BI

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors