Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

COR2
Frequent Visitor

Multi Select Lookup Column shows as Table in Power Query

I am attempting to build a report from our Sales List in SP Online. One of the columns ("Bid To") is a multi-select lookup column in which we select all of the clients the project bid was snt to. The number of selections range from 1 to 5 or 6.

When I query the list, the "Bid To" column is brought in as a Table. There are a couple of other single-select look up columns in the list that were brought is as either a List or as a Record. These were simple enought to expand, however I am stuck on the extracting the LookUp Value(s) from the table.

I have been digging through the forums, as well as any video tutorials i can find, but have not found any solutions. I am currently trying to create a custom column and leverage one of the Table, Record, or List Functions but as I am new to Power Bi and M, this is a bit of struggle.

The ultimate goal is to be able to report the total amount (both currency and quantity) of bids that were sent to each of the clients.

I would greatly appreacite any help I can get.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
COR2
Frequent Visitor

For anyone who runs into this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-By3WdkHlLU

Text.Combine(Table.ToList(Table.SelectColumns([ColumnWithTables], "TableColumn")), "; ")

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
COR2
Frequent Visitor

For anyone who runs into this issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-By3WdkHlLU

Text.Combine(Table.ToList(Table.SelectColumns([ColumnWithTables], "TableColumn")), "; ")

COR2
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @v-stephen-msft...

I may not have been clear when describing my issue: When I query a SP Online List, the values in one of the columns (a multi-select lookup column) appear in the Pwer Query Editor as "Table." I need to extract the lookupValue from the table to leverage in reports.

power-query.jpg

When I try to "Expand" the column, the action returns only the first row.

I would appreciate any suggestions!

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @COR2 ,

I would suggest you try the Group By feature in Power Query.

Grouping or summarizing rows - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

vstephenmsft_0-1669355387034.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors