Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Amar-Agnihotri
Resolver I
Resolver I

Multi Layer Sanky Chart

Hi All,

I want to create a multi layer Sanky chart for Sales Pipeline Analysis of Salesforce Data.

I want a Visual to be look like -

Sanky-Req.png

Requirement Description- 

• Will likely need to utilize the Opportunity Snapshot table
  • Pipeline - Start: should show the full pipeline value (incremental ACV) at the start of the quarter that is made up all opportunities with a close date in Q3
  • Pipeline - 45: should show the value at the 45 day mark
    • This would need to include opps that have already closed won and still open at 45 day mark
  • Closed Won: should show value of opps that were closed won in Q3
  • Closed Loss: should show value of opps that were closed loss
  • Pushed: value of opps that were once set to close in Q3 but now have close date outside of Q3
  • Pushed Next Quarter (orange): value of opps that were pushed in to the next quarter
  • Pushed 2+ Quarters (yellow): value of opps that were pushed out farther than the next quarter
  • Width of bars should be based on Incremental ACV
  • Ideally we would have a way to show number of opps as well
  • Filters/Slicers that should work
    • Region
    • Line of Business
    • Opportunity Owner

My Data Model Looks Like --Sales-data-Model.png

The table That need to be used for the sanky would be Opportunity Snapshot because Opportunity Snapshot contains the following columns -

The Pipeline Start Date

Opportunity Stages - Closed Won, CLosed Loss ( Pushed is not Present in the Stage right now )

Incremental ACV

Last two pillars Push (Yellow Color) and Push(Orange color) are not present in any column of Snapshot table. 

Now can anyone suggest the structure of Sanky table . It will help me to do transformation.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your data rows need to contain "From" and "To" columns. You need to prepare these values outside of Power BI. Usually you would use the Opportunity Field History object data from Salesforce.com directly. It has these fields.

Once that is in place you can use the normal Sankey visual.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your data rows need to contain "From" and "To" columns. You need to prepare these values outside of Power BI. Usually you would use the Opportunity Field History object data from Salesforce.com directly. It has these fields.

Once that is in place you can use the normal Sankey visual.

Thanks @lbendlin 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors