Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Move cell value into a header

I am looking to move a particular cell value (the column has only 1 value) from Column 32 and use it as a header for Column 25. I do not need Column 32 after this transformation. 

Similarly, I have 18 (+18) other Columns that I need to replicate this transformation to. 

How would I do this? 

PowerBI_move cell value.JPG

Many thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

You could Table.Skip the first three rows, and then you should be able to use the GUI Pivot function, using Column 25 as the attribute and column 32 as the value, and choose "Do not aggregate". I would test it for you but I'm on my phone.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@watkinnc  Can you show how it is done?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlB 

Step 1:

I should be able to get something like this. I take the text 'Back lit image brightness' from Column 32 and use it for Column 25

Column 25
Back lit image brightness

Step 2:  I can then promote the header for the columsn to look like this

Back lit image brightness

Hope this makes more sense now. 

Thank you again

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

What value exactly do you want from Column32. You show more than one in the sample. Do you want to show the expected result that goes with the data above? Plus best if you share the sample data above in text-tabular format instead of on a screen cap, so that the contents can be copied.

SU18_powerbi_badge

Please accept the solution when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful. 

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors